Today I have been having a play with Dylusions Ink Sprays (you should see my fingers) and Visible Image stamps with a view to entering it into their July challenge as I would be overjoyed to win some of their goodies.
Card for my sister, do not know why this has imported sideways as it was correct way up in my file, never mind. Die cut dress form and flower, papermania newsprint paper, hand cut skirt. added Tim Holtz measuring tape, pearl and buttons.
Full credit for this card design goes to Lindsay Mason. Behind with my card making I looked to Craft Stamper for inspiration and found this. I love Lindsay mason stamps and have quite a few in my collection including this 'Moochin' I've had enough (CICSA6063) To quote Lindsay "the range is full of fun and quirky characters as well as quotes and phrases which work well for journaling, altered art pieces and card marking".
Two things learnt from this article was a resist method using Glue N Seal. I have always used paper masks to cover my images, this is such a quicker method with better results.
The other was using the kitchen towel that I mopped up the ink left on my craft sheet. I had read of this somewhere before but had forgotten about it. But now that I have put it into practice and got such great results, will be using it a lot. The 'dirty towel' was used to cut out Moochin's jeans and t shirt and just look at the texture created to ground him.
The days of stamping and cutting out a mask for my images are over, much better to use the glue n seal as a resist, though this, being my first attempt, I did make too gloopy but it all added to the texture.
A Great resist technique Lindsay and I couldn't resist copying it (just love puns). That is after all how we learn . I did change the colours and also used a mask to create the blots.
Many thanks to Lindsay Mason for her card design, I know my Grandson will just love it!
Needed two cards in a hurry. Base cards are from 'Craftwork Cards' bought on sale. I simply pasted the vintage images onto the cards and then decorated them with lace, ribbon gems, glitter and embellishments all from my stash. Loverley!
Returned to my pages to stamp borders, now what shall I add? Whilst stuck for ideas I picked up an oil pastel to fill in circles in the borders. The circles, being tiny meant that I was not so much filling them in as smudging outside the line. This will be good for me who is always striving for perfection, I am free on theses pages to make as much mess as I like and it does not matter. This is a whole new experience for me and oil pastels to not work over acrylic paint (something else I have learnt)
A good idea for me will be using quotes found on Pinterest, thank you Lesley for pointing me in this direction when I needed inspiration. Now I am addicted, and regarding the quotes have founds loads that I can relate to.
The first layer of altered book. The right hand side resulted in mud as I over mixed the colours. the left hand side I like. Will see how it develops later today. I used acrylic paints, applied with an old plastic card.
Have just cleaned out my 'arty cupboard' and as usual found lots of stuff I forgot I had. Also came across this card I made for a friend who was going through a very bad patch in her life. I loved the card so much, plus I also was experiencing sad times, could not bear to part with it and thought I would frame it. Of course the frame never got bought and the card was put away in said cupboard and forgotten all about. It is now on display in the glass cabinet until I get the frame, but at least it is now on show for me. Oh, and by the way I did make another card to give to my friend.
Above is the mixed media canvas I made at a Finnabair Workshop last December in Wirksworth, Derbyshire. This is where the excitement began for me to create more Art. I went with my friend Lesley, we both had an amazing time, especially getting to meet the lovely Finnabair, who taught us lots of different techniques. The photo is of my wonderful parents, Bob and Ivy on their wedding day.
Here is my first Gelli print and I love it. Found items used were toilet roll, plastic fork, fruit netting, corrugated cardboard, credit card to create thin lines and bubble wrap. I particularly liked the swathe of white created by a thickness of the netting that will be great to journal on at a later date.